What’s the real importance of a pivotal person in a Renaissance Man’s life?
That’s the lead question in Season 2 of the Way of the Renaissance Man podcast. Our first season was a big success, and I want to thank all of you for listening and spreading the word about the show. If you like this podcast, I encourage you to tell your friends about it, and to follow us on social media. Also feel free to tag, post and link about the show, as that’s a great way to spread the word virtually throughout the entire world.
This season, I will continue speaking with many more interesting Renaissance Men, and Women, who can help us identify, understand and assimilate the key ingredients essential to constructing a life well lived.
Welcome to the Way the Renaissance Man podcast. This is a show about ideas, personal empowerment, and celebrating the rational life. Our goal is to help each other discover the tools needed to better focus our minds, integrate our thoughts with actions, and live the lives we really want with your host Jim Woods.
In this episode, I welcome my friend, long-time business associate, and financial expert, Doug Fabian. Doug and I worked together for more than 15 years, first on his investment advisory newsletters, and then with his money management firm.
Doug is currently a Vice President at Mercer Advisors, which has been widely recognized as one of the top Registered Investment Advisers in the country and also is the host of a podcast I highly recommend, called “The Science of Economic Freedom.”
I really enjoyed reminiscing with Doug about our mutual past, but more importantly, I am excited to share with you our conversation, which includes the importance of active listening; a commitment to lifelong learning, what books we’re currently reading, and details about his new podcast and why it can help everyone achieve economic freedom.
- The symbiotic relationship between Jim and Doug and what qualities Doug valued most in their working relationship.
- Why people need to be mindful of their words.
- Doug’s emphasis on the two sides of the importance of listening.
- The one thing Doug and Jim agree is the most important part of Jordan Peterson’s “12 Rules for Life.”
- How Doug uses swimming to help him think and stay focused.
- Jim’s first impression of Doug’s bookshelf.
- What the Science of Economic Freedom podcast is all about.
- Why having a million dollars doesn’t always mean you have achieved financial freedom.
- How economic freedom begins with your spending.
- Advice from Doug’s dad on how to handle a police officer during a traffic stop.
- And much more…
Learn More with Links:
Doug Fabian’s Podcast Website: Science of Economic Freedom
Now, we want to hear from you! Would like to share your opinion or make a comment on the Way of the Renaissance Man podcast? If so, then please leave your comment or questions in the space provided below and share this article with your friends and family on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Your comments or question could be chosen as our featured Ask the Renaissance Man Anything on a future episode.
Tags: doug fabian, employer, favorite boss, mentor, friendship, listening, investing, inflation, stocks, bonds, options, trading, bull market, bear market, market crash, foreign currencies, precious metals, gold, silver, platinum, palladium, rare coins, jim woods, successful investing, intelligence report, renaissance man, renaissance woman, newsletter writer, newsletter, investing newsletter, newsletter editor